Terms and Conditions
§ 1 General – Scope of application
The following general terms and conditions apply to all contractual conditions between the users of publish-Ing. and the Institute for Production and Logistics Research GbR (hereinafter called IPLR). By uploading a paper to the platform or by registering as a reviewer, the following Terms and Conditions are considered accepted.
§ 2 Registration; Registration Confirmation
(1) Registration for publish-Ing. takes place online via the website of the platform. By submitting the completed registration form, the user accepts the Terms and Conditions and confirms that he/she is entitled to do so. The Registration will be confirmed and legally binding by the receipt of a registration confirmation by publish-Ing. via eMail. For each legally binding registration, all underlying General Terms and Conditions apply.
(2) The IPLR may remove users at any time and without giving reasons, especially if they do not comply with their obligations.
§ 3 Conclusion of contract
(1) Our offer on the platform does not represent a binding application for the conclusion of a purchase contract. Rather, it is a non-binding request to publish papers on the publish-Ing. platform.
(2) By clicking the button "Upload now" you submit a binding purchase offer (§ 145 BGB).
(3) After receipt of the upload, you will receive an automatically generated email confirming that we have received your upload (confirmation of receipt). This confirmation of receipt represents the acceptance of your purchase offer.
(4) If a user wants to publish a paper on publish-Ing., he/she confirms by uploading that he/she is entitled to do so and that the publication is made in agreement with all co-authors and institutes.
(5) By uploading a paper the user grants the IPLR the right to use the name of the employer (institute) and its logo for enlisting it on the website and in representative presentations as published or cooperating institutions.
§ 4 Terms of Payment; Delay
Registration is free of charge for both authors and reviewers. The publication fee for the publication of a submitted paper is due after final acceptance and must be paid within 14 days after receipt of the email confirmation of the final acceptance.
(1) The payment is made alternatively:
- Bank transfer (in advance)
- Credit card (in advance)
(2) If you choose the payment method bank transfer, we will provide you with our bank details.
(3) If the payment of the amount due is not received within the set time limit (usually 14 days), IPLR is entitled to send a reminder or, if necessary, a formal warning.
(4) The publication fee includes both the cost of publishing the paper and the review discounts, which are transferred to the selected reviewer(s). All prices quoted are final prices excl. VAT.
§ 5 Compensation for damages
(1) Our liability for damages, irrespective of the legal basis, in particular from impossibility, delay, defective or incorrect publication, infringement of the contract, breach of obligations in the case of contractual negotiations and tortious acts shall be in accordance with § 5 limited. This shall also apply insofar as the User requires replacement of useless expenditures instead of a claim for compensation. Insofar as the limitations on liability in this section 5 do not interfere, we shall be liable for damages according to the statutory provisions.
(2) We shall not be liable in the event of simple negligence on the part of our organs, legal representatives, employees or other vicarious agents, insofar as this is not a violation of contractual obligations.
(3) Insofar as we are liable for damages according to § 3 (2), this liability is limited to damages which we foresee at the conclusion of the contract as a possible consequence of a breach of contract or taking into account the circumstances which were known to us or which we should have anticipated with the application of customary diligence. Indirect damages and consequential damages are not substitutable.
(4) The above exclusions and limitations of liability apply equally to the benefit of our bodies, legal representatives, employees and other vicarious agents with regard to their personal liability.
(5) The limitations of liability in § 5 do not apply to liability for intent or gross negligence.
(6) IPLR takes great care to protect personal data. In the unlikely event of a data leak (e.g., due to a hacker attack), IPLR assumes no liability.
§ 6 Effectiveness of the contractual provisions; severability clause
(1) The possible invalidity of one or more provisions of this contract shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
(2) An invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision whose effect comes as close as possible to the economic objective which the contracting parties pursued with the invalid or unenforceable provision. The above provisions shall apply accordingly in the event that the contract proves to be incomplete.
§ 7 Jurisdiction – applicable law
(1) Offenburg (Germany) shall be the court of jurisdiction for all disputes arising directly or indirectly from the business relationship between the IPLR and the User.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
§ 8 Withdrawl; Cancellation
Users have the right to terminate the contract. If the User terminates the contract, the following reimbursement arrangements apply:
(1) If a user withdraws his paper before it has been forwarded to one or more institutes for the preparation of a review, the user will not be charged.
(2) If a user withdraws his paper after it has been forwarded to one or more institutes for the preparation of a review, the IPLR is entitled to charge the user the review fees (discounts) for each review plus a handling fee of 100 €.
(3) If a paper has been finally rejected, the IPLR is entitled to charge the user the review fees (discounts) for each review plus a handling fee of 100 €.
(4) If a paper has been accepted, the user is obliged to release it for the upload within 30 days by paying the publication fee. If the user misses this deadline or decides not to publish the paper, the IPLR is entitled to charge the user the full publication fee including the review fees (discounts) for each review.
(5) The cancellation policy no longer applies once the Paper is published or the publication fee is paid.
(6) In well-founded exceptional cases, the IPLR may remove the paper from online access at any time and without consultation. By removing the paper from online access, the user has no claim to reimbursement of the publication fees paid or compensation. When papers only get deleted from the platform, they will still be available at the directories of our publishing partner (TIB).
(7) Refunds will be made as follows:
- The same credit / debit card will be refunded for payments made by credit or debit card.
- For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the account specified by the participant.
Important: For payments from abroad by bank transfer, the refund will be made by bank transfer and all bank charges will be charged to the participant.
§ 9 Reviews; Reviewer Community
(1) The reviews prepared for a paper are to be understood as a recommendation to the IPLR. Independent of the reviews, the IPLR reserves the right to accept or reject papers.
(2) The participation in the reviewer community is free of charge and can be terminated at any time and without giving reasons.
(3) If an Institute is registered as a reviewer in the reviewer community, it will receive a discount for each initial review that is prepared for a paper. Reviewers have no claim for the payout of the review discounts in the form of a monetary transaction. The discounts will be settled with the publication fees of associated users. Compounded review discounts can be settled against the publication fee of a paper. If a paper requires revision and subsequent re-examination by the reviewer, the second review is covered by the agreed review discount for the first review and is not remunerated additionally. The IPLR is entitled to change the amount of the review discount at any time without prior agreement. The review discounts received expire after 24 months if they are not used or charged for a publication. The review discounts are not transferable to other institutions or not associated users. Only institutes can join the reviewer community.
(4) The IPLR may remove reviewers from the reviewer community at any time and without giving reasons, especially if they do not fulfill their obligations as reviewers.
(5) Reviewers may only reject an assigned review with good reason, e.g., if other specialist skills are required, for technical reasons or if there is a conflict of interest. In case of a conflict of interest, reviewers are required to inform the IPLR.
(6) The reviewers have a maximum of 3 weeks from the date of allocation for a review. In the event of unforeseen delays which are not the fault of the reviewers, the IPLR must be informed as soon as possible.
(5) By registering as a reviewer the user grants the IPLR the right to use the name of the employer (institute) and its logo for enlisting it on the website and in presentations as a cooperating institute as part of the reviewing community purposes and confirms that he/she is entitled to do so.
§ 10 Upload of a paper
By uploading a paper, the rights to publish the paper on the publish-Ing. platform and at the TIB and possibly other platforms are transferred to the IPLR. According to the agreed license (see § 13 (6)), the author is entitled to publish the paper on other platforms after publication on publish-Ing. as long as they allow multiple publications.
If a user wants to publish a paper on publish-Ing. that has already been published on another platform or another journal, the user confirms with the upload that he/she is entitled to multiple publication and that no rights of third parties are violated. The responsibility for conflict-free publication lies with the user.
§ 11 Copyright
The copyright for the entire contents of this website lies with the Institute for Production and Logistics Research GbR (see imprint).
§ 12 Accountability
All papers are carefully reviewed by appropriate authorized reviewers and are subject to further examination by the IPLR in random samples. The IPLR is not responsible for the topicality, correctness, and completeness of the contents. Only the authors and the user who uploaded the paper are liable for the content of the papers. The IPLR is only liable for potential damages to third parties if intent or negligence can be proven and no legal provisions to the contrary exist.
§ 13 Storage of Data
The IPLR treats personal data confidentially and uses the data only in the context of the legal data protection law. Personal data will only be stored by IPLR for the sole purpose of organizing the publications and for future offers of the IPLR. Each participant has the right to refuse the storage and future use of his/her personal data for unsolicited correspondence with the information material.
§ 14 Publication agreement
Publication agreement between the authors who publish with publish-Ing. and the Institute for Production and Logistics Research GbR (see imprint) (hereinafter called IPLR).
By accepting the terms and conditions, the authors agree to the following publication agreement, which in turn was also concluded between the IPLR and the Leibniz University Hanover (Welfengarten 1, 30167 Hannover) represented by the President, hereinafter referred to as LUH, and the German National Library of Science and Technology (Welfengarten 1B, 30167 Hannover) represented by the Director, hereinafter referred to as TIB. The Publishing is carried out by the TIB.
(1) Granting of rights
I (the author) grant the IPLR the non-exclusive right, for an unlimited period of time, to use the materials in their entirety or individual parts within the framework of their own services, offers, products or existing or future projects in which the IPLR is involved and to make them publicly available for download, permanently archive them, reproduce them, distribute them, edit them and use the adaptations for the above-mentioned purposes, regardless of the type of transmission technology or similar worldwide in data networks. The uploading of the document does not imply any claim to provision or archiving.
(2) Third party rights
I (the author) assure that no rights of third parties (e.g., co-authors, test persons, publishers, collecting societies, third-party funding providers) (e.g., copyrights, data protection) are infringed by the provision of the materials including all components (e.g., illustrations) and any additional material. I release the IPLR from all claims that third parties may make against them on the basis of their rights, insofar as I am responsible for this (including costs of legal proceedings). The IPLR is entitled to block access to a document if there are concrete indications of an infringement of the rights of third parties. The contracting parties undertake to inform each other immediately if third parties assert claims against them.
(3) Long-term archiving
I (the author) grant the IPLR the right to store the provided documents and the associated metadata, abstract and, if necessary, additional material in their long-term archive and, if required (e.g., migration, accessibility or better accessibility) to convert them into other electronic and physical formats.
(4) Metadata and abstract
I (the author) provide the IPLR with the metadata including the abstract of the document free of charge under the conditions of CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/).
(5) Transfer of the rights granted to third parties
The IPLR may transfer the rights granted by this contract in whole or in part to third parties and may grant other rights of use or permit the use thereof without the need for a separate consent (e.g., in order to be able to make use of the services of third parties for the above-mentioned purposes, within the framework of national collective orders, for the purpose of scientific networking or if another institution takes over the tasks of the IPLR on a permanent basis).
(6) Open Access License
I (the author) would like to grant users further rights and make my work (and any additional material) available to the public for an unlimited period of time under the following Creative Commons licence:
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Germany
Link to summary and binding version of the license text:
(7) Text and data mining
The materials may be used by IPLR and the authorized users according to the following principles for the improvement of services, for the promotion of research, teaching and learning and for research purposes for text and data mining: Raw data may be extracted from the materials. Text and Data Mining may be performed on unmodified materials or raw data (including duplication, storage, processing, compilation of large data collections and extraction and analysis of substantial portions of the data). The raw data are research data and may be published in any form and medium under any license to ensure reproducibility and sustainability as long as the materials cannot be reconstructed in human readable form. The author must be referenced in an appropriate form.